14 May 2017

Happy Mother's Day 2017

My mom is definitely my rock. Alicia Keys
Well said. In good times or bad times, in peace or in trouble, I have always looked upon my mom, who has helped me, guided me and shielded me in this world. I have become a mother myself but that doesn't stop me yet from asking her for help and guidance time and again. 

Today is mother's day, and one of the first things I do on such days is looking out for google's doodles. Hey, I have even pinned some of my favorites. They are so cool and creative. Today the animated doodle shows the story of a cactus mom taking care of her kid. Now I wonder why the google team chose the cactus of all the things in the world. Then it made me think; probably because they grow in the arid region, face all the rough weather conditions and survive through it all...just like our mothers who have to bravely face various situations in life and yet never let us children know what they went through. We see only one side of them and that is love, care, and protection. 

Mother's day is celebrated around the world on different days of the year. In Greece, it's celebrated in February while in UK and Ireland it's celebrated on 4th Sunday of March. It is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of May in most of the countries like India, USA, Canada, Germany, etc., However, when I was searching for the google doodle UAE today I couldn't find anything different. And then it dawned on me that Mother's Day was already celebrated here in UAE on 21st March. So then this gives me a chance to celebrate the day again. And why not, motherhood is for everyone to endear and enjoy. So love and be loved this day and always.

With that note, I wish all the mothers around the world a very Happy Mother's Day. 
Happy Mother's Day Wishes 2017

Here's sharing some of my favorite quotes for the day:

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. 
Abraham Lincoln

Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. 
Robert Browning

God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers. 
Rudyard Kipling

For when a child is born the mother also is born again. 
Gilbert Parker

Thank you for stopping by. Have a good day.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment