16 Jan 2017

Zentangle and Watercolors: An Experiment with LInes and Patterns!


I generally don't spend more than half an hour on my drawings or sketches, but Zentangling takes away a lot of your time and needs immense focus and patience. Inspired by various Zentangle artists, I thought let me try my hand at Zentangling, but I couldn't resist myself from drawing straight lines and patterns - call it the strange habits of an Architect!

In the example below, I have used shades of green and yellow on different grids that I made with a pencil. I have first applied a wash of watercolors, waited for it to dry for about an hour and then used a water based black marker for the Zentangle work. It is just recently that I have started experimenting with Zentangling and the example below is not a very good piece of Zentangle work, nevertheless, it was fun experimenting. I would rather call it an experiment with geometry and watercolors.

Applied a wash of Water-colors on every grid

It's All Geometry!
Does it look anything like Zentangling? Nopes...looks like fun with Geometry...

Maybe Zentangle Artists would understand better!

---

No comments:

Post a Comment