4 Jan 2017

Origami Rose

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world. Leo Buscaglia
Origami Rose 
The above words are very true in today's context. It is difficult to get true friends but at the same time difficult to find roses too. So here's where Origami comes to my rescue. I researched a lot of tutorials on making pretty roses, each had a different kind of look and appeal, some difficult to make and some not so difficult. Finally, I found an online video tutorial, by Jo Nakashima, in which every step is clearly shown and the rose turns out to be a beautiful one. 

So here's what I tried out today. The Origami rose with the stem and leaf, shown below is made from simple A4 rainbow colored printer sheets. I have not used the same sizes for the sheet as indicated in the video and here are the sizes that I have used. 
Rose: Red color,  6" square paper 
Leaf: Green color, 2" square paper
Stem: Green color, 2" x 6" paper
The final rose model turned out to be around 1.75" in diameter.

Presenting some pictures of the same rose attempted by me.

Origami Rose

Origami Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment