21 Feb 2017

Origami Double Pyramids - Infinite Possibilities

Little did I know that my search for making something useful using origami techniques would end up so beautifully. I came across this origami double pyramids as I stumbled upon some 3D origami wall decor ideas. Now, at first sight, I thought it would be very difficult and time-consuming, but on the contrary, as I searched for a tutorial on how to make it, I was surprised to discover that it was actually much easier to make and wouldn't take much time also. So this is what I tried today and I thought I should share it with all before I try doing further with this beautiful Origami Double Pyramids.

It turns out that this double pyramid has many uses. It can be used as mobile phone holder or as a card holder very conveniently. A simple DIY craft and a very useful one too. Moreover, the folds are not very complicated and also it doesn't require any glue. Just use a thick square paper and it will be easier to maintain the pyramid shape.

Material specifications:
Colored Card stock paper, 180 GSM.
Size: 20x20 cm 


Origami Double Pyramids - Phone Holder


Also, once you are done with these double pyramids, there are infinite possibilities to use it as a wall decor. 
Origami Double Pyramids - Wall decor DIY

I enjoyed making them and am planning to make a 3D wall decor using the above units. So go ahead and give it a try.

You can find the instructions to make it on instructables.com. 

1 comment:

  1. looking for a way to give your home a cozy and welcoming feel, 3d wall decor is the way to go. My favorite piece is a metal windmill wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete