27 Feb 2017

Mondays are Grumpy?


Mondays are grumpy, Mondays are boring...really? Don't we have that kind of thought crossing our minds almost every single day...we want each day to be a day off...each day to be a holiday...each day would be like doing things that we like and not what we are required to do...now that's a totally utopian world you are thinking about! 

In fact, we are pissed off with our work, in general, every single day...be it a Monday or any day. And then probably, some wise person would say if you don't love your work you will not like any day and so on goes the argument. While I was thinking about this, I was browsing over all the Monday Musings or rather 'thought for the day' I posted over the last few months on our FB page and I thought why don't I share them here with all you readers. Each one has a different graphic - some were digitally created, some were photographs of our origami creations while some were simple art creations by Art Hours. 

While, personally, I hate to hear motivational lectures or talks, once in a while some of them just make me turn my head...But if you readers do love reading them and get motivated then my work has been worthwhile. 

So, here is a compilation of some motivational and inspirational quotes, quoted and unquoted over the years by famous personalities around the world, we quoted every Monday on our Art Hours FB page last year i.e. in 2016, presented here in a random order.



Quote to inspire Learning
This one uses digital graphics and text. I love the small doodle of flowers made on the left side. This one came to mind when I was asking my kid to use her time wisely.

Quote to inspire creativity
This quote on creativity is my favorite and I love it for the creative fonts used. This one popped up because I was part of a creative group and I was immensely pleased with their creativity and innovative approach towards architecture and other art forms.

Quote to inspire Artistic aspirations
The above post is simply beautiful because of the digital graphics. Love the colorful image of the bird. When I made the above graphics, it was like meditating...and I realised that Art really helps us in healing and forgetting the past.

Quote on Life 
This one is simple and uses a snapshot of the origami cube to explain the context. I love making 3D origami models and the cube is one of the simplest and most delightful 3D models to start with.

Quote on Determination
The idea for the above graphic was by my kid, and she has rendered it digitally, using paintbrush tool.

Quote on Life
This one is made using paintbrush tool again. I loved adding the details to the elephant head. Sometimes, I have used the paintbrush tool, just to experiment with colors and patterns, and it has been fun indeed.


Quote on Appreciation  
This one is a combination of the mandala painting using water-colors and origami mandala; two unique and beautiful combinations. Both involve beautiful use of symmetry.

Quote on Love and Creations
The above quote uses a snap shot of the origami heart pyramid while it was in the process of being made. 


Quotes on Life
This one uses an origami flower model, which I loved making - and origami is something I love doing. Origami has been an ideal stress buster for me and challenging as I learned a new model very often. I must have folded not more than 500 origami models by now....but each had its challenge and I loved every moment of doing Origami. Hence, the quote...do what makes you happy aptly fits in here.

Quote to inspire creativity
This one is one of my favorites simply because of its beautiful fonts. Sometimes, less is more.


Quote to inspire Creativity
The above quote uses an origami teddy model and I tried to resolve the text around the origami model.

Quote on Proportions
This one is simple and the text says it all.


Quote on Life
 The above is an art piece created by my kid using pistachio shell wastes.

Quote to inspire creativity
This again is one of my favorites, again because of its simplicity.

So the takeaway message here is that Mondays are not grumpy...Mondays are not boring...manage your expectations and hope for the best - for each day is a new beginning.

Hoping to post Monday Musings more often this year...keep your fingers crossed...while I keep mine!

Thank you for stopping by...wishing you a very Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment