29 Oct 2017

It's Been a Long Time...from our clay modeling archives today!


It's been a long time since I have posted anything at all. Last week was quite busy all through the weekend and I haven't been able to upload any tutorials recently. Just came across these snaps of clay modeling we had done some time back...maybe at beginning of the last year...thought I should share some pics of the same.

clay modeling by arthours
Clay Modeling 

It was one of those boring summer afternoons here in Dubai...yeah...Dubai and how can it be boring?...Well summers here are hot and boring seriously...either you stay indoors or you spend time loitering around the shopping malls...and people who know me, would also know that I am not of that types who would love to spend hours at a shopping mall doing nothing. Well, so my kid and I, yeah again...my child and I, are most of the time stuck together since the daddy of the house is too busy with his own activities, even on weekends! So my child and I, have to keep each other entertained..

So we took out our stock of clay and our plastic clay modeling tools that came with the clay pack. And we decided to do something creative that afternoon. And the credit of this entire model goes to my daughter for it was her idea completely. Initially, I thought we would model a simple model of a house from clay but she said no...and suggested why not try modeling a mushroom house instead...so there we were...She also had a story to tell...and it went like this...

Once upon a time, there lived a little girl called Melony. I asked her why Melony?...and she continued...Because she loved eating melons and she had a big garden full of melons. So, this Melony lived in a Mushroom house, and she was fond of gardening, and her garden was filled with melons and roses...

clay modeling by art hours
Clay Modeling a little girl 'Melony'

As she wove her story round the character of Melony, we had a nice and playful afternoon, modeling a mushroom house, surrounded with a garden filled with roses and melons. Here, is the final model of the clay mushroom house. By the way, we used plasticine clay for this model.

CLAY MODELING BY ART HOURS
Clay Mushroom House 
As you see in the above picture, we build a mushroom house complete with doors and windows and a small garden. The small garden is complete with a pathway lined up with melons and roses. To the extreme left of the picture, you can also see a tiny girl (yes that's our Melony) with her baskets of flowers and melons.

And here are some more pics of the same clay mushroom house with Melony.
clay modeling by art hours
Mushroom House with Melony
We had a wonderful afternoon with stories and clay...laughter and fun...and wonderful memories that I could share with all today!

Thank you for stopping by...have a good day!

---

No comments:

Post a Comment