8 Mar 2017

Musings on Women's Day


As always another Women's Day has arrived and my FBpage, WhatsApp Account, etc. were filled with warm wishes from women all around me. I was happy and proud at the same time thinking that the women around me, the women in my life are doing good. But are they really? 

Are they really in a better state than they were years ago? Are they in a better state than their mothers or grandmothers were...Has our society changed in general or are we the same? 

We dress up well, we have the degrees and jobs...but has the attitude of the men in our society changed? Have they started looking up at us with the same respect as they should? It makes me wonder and challenge the days we celebrate just for namesake. 

Being a woman involves lots of challenges, balancing work-life, kids, social life, parents, in-laws, and so much more. We strive to maintain our relations, striving to meet everyone's expectations and fulfill everyone's whims and wishes. But has anyone thought about what we want?

Have we women received the respect, care, and love that we truly deserve..think about it...Women's day or not...we deserve to be respected and loved every single day. 

Let us live freely, let us live without worrying that today I may make a mistake, today I may disappoint someone, let us live in peace. Give us our space, the same as we women give to you men. Give us equality, the same respect, and honor for the contributions that we make towards the society in general.

I think I can write on and on about this issue out here...but let's end it here on a positive note that we are proud to be women, today and always and nobody can take away this right from us. You are what you deserve to be, so celebrate today and every day the woman in you.



Wishing you all wonderful women out there a very Happy Women's Day. God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment