24 Oct 2016

Highlights from Diwali Workshop 2016


Today we had an amazing day at Art Hours with a workshop on Clay Diya Making for the Ladies on the occasion of Diwali. Amazing because the participants surprised me with their patience and skills. The two-hour workshop brought together some wonderful ladies who were not only caring mothers and wives, but each had some specials skills ranging from; being an artist, to a teacher, to a homemaker. Teaching them was not only fun but an experience that I will cherish. These ladies have made my Diwali special by leaving me with beautiful memories.

For the workshop we have used air dry clay - terracotta color. Each piece of the Diya made by the participants is a unique piece of artwork. They experimented with different shapes and sizes as well as applying different textures and patterns to decorate the clay Diyas.

I shall soon post a tutorial on how to make these clay Diyas...so keep visiting my blog more often.

Here, are a few pictures of the beautiful clay Diyas made by the participants.

Art Hours Clay Diya Making Workshop
Art Hours Clay Diya Making Workshop
Art Hours Clay Diya Making Workshop
Art Hours Clay Diya Making Workshop
This workshop was planned at a very short notice with Diwali just around the corner...a close call indeed!

However, I am happy that I went ahead and successfully carried out the workshop for the end result was beautiful...we have beautiful handmade Diyas ready to be air dried and to be used in Diwali decorations by this week itself by the participants.

Wishing all the workshop participants and all my blog readers a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment